Thursday, February 11, 2016

Everything and nothing.

Hope you all had a great Valentines day.
We went to the movies yesterday and it was a long time ago I saw a crap movie like that, DeadPool.
Suppositely a good movie and I think I was the only one in the theater that has these thoughts.


I thought I've found a new awesome APP for blogging that everybody on the internet raved about!
Well I'm highly disappointed.
I wrote and posted pictures and everything just to find out now that nothing has been saved!
You understand that I'm not a happy camper at the moment.
I try to remember what it was that I wrote about and I can't recall everything.
Well I will have to try to do my best to make a good one now!

Last Wednesday I had to go to knit night here in town and my arms where hurting so no knitting for me.
So I decided to put on a new project with band/strap weaving.
With the tutorial from Laverne Waddington I finally got the hang of it.
This pattern is from her E-book Andean Pebble Weave that you can find here.
And... I didn't do bad as I may say so.
The beginning hard to get and it just got better and better.
I think I have the hang of it now.




I'm in a group on Facebook about Inkle Loom weaving and sometimes it's not good to have a look there. 
So many beautiful things that I, of course, must master.
Next project I started is double weave.
You can do double weave with tablets too and that looks like this:




But I had my mind set up for double weave with heddles.
You can find a lot of tutorials on Laverne Waddington her website.

Last week I also ordered some very thin cotton and it came in the mail and started a project. 
Didn't go that smooth in the beginning and nothing does in the beginning, right?
I didn't like the long threads at the back of the strap so tonight I will take the old one of and set up a new, wider one. 


Here, I'm just playing!


Then I decided to go a bit bigger but I made the mistake of making to little threads. 
So I guess I'll put up another on that one too. 




Maybe I'll do that one backstrap. 
The only thing I don't like about backstrap is that I can only to this in the basement. 
Let's call this embedded double weave. 

This is Memphis btw! 
Annoying me to no end, sitting in front of my screen, on my 
keyboard and chasing me typing on the screen.



I love to try out new techniques so until next time!




1 comment: